Join Our Team!
Reporting Officer: Lab Director and CEO
- Oversee and participate in the day to day functioning of the laboratory including receiving of samples, performing quality control checks of samples and libraries, library preparation and NGS sequencing
- Lead a team of lab officers in the proper flow and production of the laboratory and insure consistent production from the lab
- Work with the Operations Manager to plan, delegate and supervise the workload in the laboratory. Assign necessary resources (staff and reagents) for incoming projects and planning for future projects
- Manage and ensure proper usage of online systems from HQ for project tracking and documentation
- Maintain laboratory records of reagent and equipment usage and servicing and ensure proper functioning of lab equipment
- Maintain inventory records and prepare necessary usage reports
- Maintain training and skills of laboratory staff and periodically submit evaluations on staff
- Work on implementing new procedures or protocols in the lab to expand offerings and improve efficiencies
- Attend training sessions, either local or overseas, for further skills development of laboratory team
- Master’s degree in a relevant Life Science discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in NGS lab
- Minimum 1 years of experience in NGS lab management
- Possess basic knowledge of problem structures
- Good team player, independent, self-driven with good interpersonal skills
- Possess good communication skills
- Fast learner
- Proficient in Chinese and English (to liaise with Chinese speaking associates)
Reporting Officer: Lab Manager
- Receive biological samples from customers for NGS Sequencing
- Prepare sequencing libraries, perform quality assessment and perform sequencing runs
- Analyze sequencing data and report results to customers in a timely manner
- Assist in ensuring proper documentation of all processes including monthly report of sequencing services conducted
- Assist in trouble shooting for customers
- Interact with bioinformaticians and evaluate bioinformatics output
- Maintain lab equipment & documentation in accordance with quality requirements of ISO and CAP accreditation standards
- Supervise and train junior staff
- Other ad-hoc projects as required by the superiors
- Diploma/Degree in Genetics, Biology or related life sciences major
- 0-3 years lab work experience
- Hands on NGS experience is highly desirable
- Strong molecular biology background
- Familiar with real time PCR, bioanalyser, sequencing assays
- Familiar with bioinformatics software and methodologies is a plus
- Good analytical skills and detail-oriented
- A committed team player who is enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Comfortable with flexible working hours
Reporting Officer: Commercial Director
- Responsible for revenue targets on a quarter / annual basis for the assigned portfolio and territory
- Establish and maintain current and new customer relationships and work closely with internal stakeholders to facilitate a positive customer experience
- Work closely with Commercial Director and / or distributors to develop and implement selling strategies to win greater market share for assigned portfolio.
- Engage key customers on through technical discussion, presentations etc to win deals and accelerate revenue growth for the portfolio
- Provide accurate forecasting of revenue on a monthly / quarterly /annual basis
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from marketing activities and expand current customer base in assigned territory to drive revenue growth
- Support the marketing team in the planning and implementation of relevant campaigns, promotions and events to drive greater awareness and generate leads for our portfolio
- Master’s degree or PhD major in Medicine (preferred), Biology, Biotechnology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years-experience in academic research area. NGS industry experience is a plus.
- Familiar with Southeast Asia market will be treated as value add.
- Prior technical support or project management experience is a plus
- Proficiency in English, strong written and oral English
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus
- Strong logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software
Reporting Officer: Bioinformatics Assistant Manager
- The Bioinformatics Specialist will analyse the sequencing results, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies for customers;
- He/she will oversee the collection and analysis of high throughput sequencing data generated by Novogene or other research groups;
- He/she will provide customized solutions in data analysis directly to our customers and also assist in any pre/post sales problems.
- He/she will also be responsible for maintenance of our cluster and cloud computing service
- The work involves processing next generation (NGS) sequencing data, demultiplexing of sequencing data, optimize and implement the pipelines for WGS data analysis, and write scripts to efficiently process NGS data
- Essential for this position is experience, interest and aptitude in the analysis and interpretation of real, complex data, including the willingness and ability to maintain deadlines involving multiple, simultaneous input data streams.
- PhD/master’s degree in Bioinformatics, molecular genetics, computer Science or any relevant disciplines
- Bachelor with the right combination of background and experiences will also be considered.
- Solid background in molecular biology and genomics
- Proficient in Python and Linux environment;
- Experience in analysing next generation sequencing data (DNAseq) is strongly preferred
- Familiar with commonly used databases and bioinformatics tools for NGS data analysis (eg. bedtools, samtools, IGV, annovar, BWA, GATK, UCSC Genome Browser, etc.)
- Ability to work efficiently on a teamwork frame
Customer Service Executive
Department: Customer Service
- Knowledge of shipping procedures.
- Knowledge of processing the biological samples.
- Coordinate with Lab and Project Managers for samples collection and delivery.
- To arrange with outsourced dispatch for collection and delivery of samples.
- Arrange for overseas shipment with courier when required.
- Preparing of Commercial Invoice, Tax Invoice, Delivery Order, Credit Note and miscellaneous documents as required for projects.
- Liaise with internal departments and respective counterparts from Novogene China to coordinate overseas shipment.
- Upload required information into ERP, OMS, LIMS system
- Outstanding communication and coordination skills.
- Conscientious and meticulous, with strong sense of responsibility.
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English. (in order to liaise with Chinese speaking associates)
- Bachelor degree; Life Science related major is a must.
- Working experience in NGS sequencing service is preferred.
You may email your resume to our Human Resource Department at email@example.com to apply for the available opportunities.